A medical assistant may perform some or all of the following duties. However, they are not limited to just these responsibilities:
- Answer phones and schedule appointments
- Prepare statements for billing
- Communicate with patients
- Chart a patient’s history
- Take patient vital signs
Your role as a medical assistant is vital to today’s allied health care field. Medical assistants perform routine tasks in a wide variety of locations such as hospitals, medical offices, and clinics. The medical assistant should only perform the range of activities that is within their scope of practice; therefore when encountering patients requesting emergency medical advice, you should clearly state that this is not within your scope of practice and they should direct their concerns to the physician.
Candidates undertaking these qualifications must be 18 and over.
Applicants should possess a minimum of three (3) CXC subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Biology or Human and Social Biology (HSB) with passes at Grades 1, 2 or 3.
Registration Fee: (NON-REFUNDABLE): $4,000.00
Pay at any SAGICOR Branch to Chequing Account # 5503391831
Payment Plan is available on request from the Administrative Office.
*All Fees are subject to change.
7 months inclusive of 4 weeks internship.
Exams and Assessments
- Continuous Internal Assessment by Tutors
- Externally set and marked examination papers at the end of course.
- The American Medical Certification Association (AMCA) offers the examination Medical Assistant Certification (MAC). The exam paper is comprised of 100 questions.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 7 months
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes